We’re Here To Guide You To A Solution.

Your Life Changes – So Should Your Court Order

Over the years, life changes. If you received a court order regarding spousal maintenance, child support, or child custody and visitation, it might be time to update it. If you need an attorney’s assistance to modify an existing court order, Crothers Law, S.C., can help you. We have served eastern Wisconsin for more than 15 years, offering friendly and professional legal services in all areas of family law.

Seeking A Post-Judgment Modification In Wisconsin

If you and the other party named in the court order agree on the terms of a modification, then the process is simple. All you have to do is file a petition with the court and a judge will likely approve it. Even so, it is wise to have a family law attorney review the petition to ensure that it is clear, enforceable and does not take advantage of your rights.

If the other party does not agree to a modification, you will need to file a petition and appear before a judge. Courts will issue modifications only if there is a significant change in your circumstances, such as:

  • Substantial increase or decrease of income
  • Relocation out of state
  • Presence of addiction, domestic abuse or severe mental illness
  • Change in the needs of the child
  • One party refuses to comply with an existing order

When you sit down with us, we can help you determine whether you have the grounds to petition the court for a post-judgment modification.

Modify An Existing Order With Our Help

Are you interested in modifying a court order? Ask Crothers Law, S.C., how to get started. You can call our Milwaukee office at 414-348-8302 or send us an email to set up a free initial consultation.